Affordable Kitchen Remodeling
When you think of kitchen remodeling there are a lot of important decisions that need to be taken into account, regardless of what your budget for the project is. Here are a few things you should immediately consider to save money and perform an effective kitchen remodeling project.
1. Paint your outdated cabinets bright white. Since you're working on a budget, you'll need to salvage anything that can be salvaged. Getting new cabinets can be really expensive, so if yours are in good shape, consider giving them a new look instead of getting rid of them. Painting them with high quality white semi gloss will completely change the style and look of your cabinets and your kitchen overall.
2. Check Craigslist for affordable second hand cabinets. If some of the cabinets aren't salvageable, then you need new ones, and if you don't want to overspend on them, you should always check Craigslist and see what people have up for sale. You'll be surprised at some of the quality second hand items you can find that will save you a lot of money, and with a little work and imagination can be made to look awesome in your kitchen.
3. Incorporate light fixtures to your new kitchen plan. Bringing in more light in any room will always make a big impact. Place bright, well-designed pendants at strategic points of the kitchen while concentrating on the areas where the cook will usually be working. Also, adding under-cabinet lighting can be a smart move that won't really drain your budget.
4. Don't touch the plumbing. Unless severely damaged, you don't have to toss out the existing piping and utility layout like the dishwasher, sink or gas stove. With a smart arrangement and restoration done to your cabinets, you can keep the little things as they were, because most will be covered anyway. This will save you a great deal of money, but make sure they're in perfect working condition first.
5. Consider getting granite and solid-surface counters. Pass by your local supply store(s) and check their inventory out. This is especially helpful if you just need to cover a small surface of your counter tops as you can get really good deals.
These tips should help you hit the ground running and save a good amount of money while you are remodeling your kitchen. If you still need help, you can always check our website again as we're constantly posting new tips and trick about everything related to home improvement. And if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!